• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my shadows prove the sunshine; solace

She hopes it isn't him.

She hopes it, and she prays it. Pale pink lips pull tight as a wordless appeal hisses out between her teeth - a bargain with any god that would listen.

Don't let that be him.

From the sky, she can see the iron-red streaks across his golden shoulders, the painful and delicate step of a wounded creature. But her prayers are either too little or too late and as she tucks her wings tight to her golden sides, she knows it is her wanderer, her heart.

Solace falls from the sky in a tight spiral, the frost following her in flurries as she dives with the precision of someone with a decade or more of practice. Her four hooves click on the stone as she lands, already moving her into the cave, and her blue eyes narrow against the dark of it's yawning mouth. Blood gleams black and slick on the stones, glimmering in what little sunlight thinly stretches into the cavern and leaving a trail for her to follow.

"Sved?" Her voice rings softly against the walls of his hide-out. "Svedka, is that you?" She tries not to let the panic she feels find it's way into her voice, even as her vision fades as she steps further into the earth. She halts. The sound of her brother's labored breathing seems to echo off of every wall, dangerously shallow and impossible to pinpoint.

In the darkness, Solace closes her eyes, looking inward for what threads of magic ran through her. A light begins to glimmer along her spine, pale, blue, and just enough to illuminate the world around her.

She sees Svedka's crumpled form immediately. Without thought, her legs carry her to the stallion, and she sinks into the stone beside him. Pressing her lips to his brow, she feels for any fever or chill. "Svedka, can you hear me?" Her voice is as gentle as she can make it, but there is an unmistakable note of urgency there. She needed to get him to the waterfall but, she couldn't do it alone, not if he couldn't walk. The thought that she should get help prompts her to stand, but she remains still and pressed against him. She couldn't bring herself to leave him, not yet.

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Svedka] Sad
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    my shadows prove the sunshine; solace - by Svedka - 09-18-2020, 08:36 PM
    RE: my shadows prove the sunshine; solace - by Solace - 09-24-2020, 01:57 PM