• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my shadows prove the sunshine; solace

let my shadows prove the sunshine

He hears her but he cannot bring himself to lift his head from the warmth of the wet stone floor, try as he might. Even in his condition, she would be able to see the quiver of his neck as he attempts to greet her, his bold blue gaze shattered by things he is sure he could never bring to his lips. The sound of her approaching brings a shudder of comfort throughout his aching body, a soft whuffle of breath leaving his pale mouth as he rests his head against the cavern floor, slumped and breathless and feeling so very hollow.

Part of him is missing; he can feel it.

Strangely, though, when her voice seeps through the darkness and the pain and the hopelessness, he feels a sort of jolt - something like when he had been awakened by the Dark god, but it is less fierce. It is gentle, natural, loving. It’s Solace.

And within that jolt - a mere blink - the pale white and gold stallion’s entire being hums with blue light. It is gone before it even comes to fruition; so quick that not even Svedka noticed it’s appearance.

He wishes she was at his side and within a breadth of a moment she is. There is a smile that lightly crosses his pearled mouth, trying to ignore the searing sensation in his shoulders that tear with each shudder of a breath from his lungs. “Sol,” he whispers, attempting to keep the smile on his mouth for as long as he could before weariness takes over, leaving him to close his eyes and turn his head just enough to rest it there on one of her slender, ivory legs.

She smells of the sea and of their home. She bathes him in her soft light - blue and slightly pulsing - adding a sort of enchanting glow to the terrible scene she shines upon.

“You always said my wanderings would bring me trouble,” he whispers with his eyes still closed, laughter in his throat - somehow trying to keep the situation light - but then winces slightly. You can’t tell anyone you saw me like this; it would ruin my reputation.” 

His brow furrows, all shadow and sweat marring his otherwise perfect white face. He wonders if she can sense the unease - not just from his wounds, but somewhere deep within him. Solace has to assume that his wounds are from the lion - his lion - but how, she would wonder? He swallows hard. How to tell her? Something is not right and Svedka knows this; but how could he speak of such things when it’s completely possible that he will be sent back there by the night’s end? No, now wouldn’t be the time to tell her.

svedka

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    my shadows prove the sunshine; solace - by Svedka - 09-18-2020, 08:36 PM
    RE: my shadows prove the sunshine; solace - by Svedka - 10-01-2020, 07:10 PM