• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to find a better way

“Glowing counts. And of course there’s Astrum.” Whatever reason the little star has bonded to Aureus, Anuya thinks it is a very fortunate gift indeed. Her eyes widen a little at the idea of illusions, she’s not sure any of her family had been capable of that (thank the stars).

When Astrum comes down close to her nose, Anuya laughs and the warm noise of hers joins that of Aureus’. Her eyes are still on the star when he speaks but they drift to him and she tilts her head to the side a little so that her long ears flop a bit with the movement.

“You mean aside from wanting to escape my numerous siblings?” She asks with another bright laugh before actually answering. “There’s a great number of wonderful and terrible lands. The one I was born into was peaceful for the first several decades of my life but something corrupted the gods that ruled over it, and it became unsafe.” Very unsafe, even for the immortal fae that had originally populated it, like Anuya’s family. “My eldest sibling, Sidhra - she’s one of the good ones - and I left to find a safer home.”

Anuya greatly preferred to create her own excitement and not have to worry about whether the glowing green ooze coming from a tree that looked normal yesterday was poisonous or not.

“It took us a while but we found Beqanna and though it is…” And here Anuya’s truth-telling tongue stumbles a little as she tries to find a polite way to share her thoughts. She’s aware of the fact that she does not want to insult Aureus. Finally, hesitantly, she picks an adjective that works “...strange… it’s been relatively peaceful.”

Now she pauses, thoughtful, her turquoise eyes regarding him. “Or at least that’s the impression I’ve gotten?” She asks, curious now about what Beqanna seemed like to someone who had been born here.

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[aureus]

Messages In This Thread
    trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-30-2020, 02:57 PM