• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace, my love.
    "Look at you," he says by way of getting her attention, "what's making you smile like that?" His elbow rests on the bar, annoyingly close to the place her hip is pressed. Solace cocks an eyebrow, still focused on finishing her text before looking up to meet his searching eyes.

"My wife," she answers, matter-of-fact and pretending not to savor the look of pure confusion that registers on his face.

He floor-length dress, silky and black with nothing underneath (she had stopped bothering with the lacey things after Kag took just about all of her nicest pieces) rustles as Solace pushes off the bar to walk towards the tall glass door that opens onto the street. It takes more effort than she would like to admit, walking with some semblance of grace with the level of alcohol she has in her blood-stream, but she manages.

Once outside she halts for a moment, reaching down to free her feet from the four-inch heels she'd been in all night. Shoes in hand, Solace pads across the fresh-swept mosaic where a sidewalk should be. While most of the other patrons were exchanging hotel details and contact info, she spots her wife leaned back against her car. Within the moment, she picks up a silly little trot, forgetting the facade of elegance she had perfectly maintained throughout the night. With a sigh, Solace falls into the arms she knows will open for her, unable or unwilling to squash a little giggle that escapes her as she nestles into the comfort of her wife's hoodie and the curves below it.

"Intolerable," she answers before the question is asked, leaning in to leave a blood-red lipstick stain on her wife's cheek.  "Absolutely intolerable," she repeats with a laugh that would seem to imply her words were mostly for theatrics.  "It was a horrible night, and I would like to go home, but I did secure five more donors..." she adds the last phrase with a hint of satisfaction "... so I guess it was worth it."
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    Solace, my love. - by Kagerus - 10-02-2020, 10:36 PM
    RE: Solace, my love. - by Solace - 10-14-2020, 08:11 PM
    RE: Solace, my love. - by Kagerus - 10-31-2020, 12:36 AM