• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dawn disrupts me; any
    The girl moved like a shadow, quick and small, through the grass. She was light on her feet but they still made noise as she hurried past like a mouse with a purpose. Her steps were scurrying and she kept murmuring under her breath, “hurry, hurry, hurry!” as a means of urging herself on. 

It’s not like anyone noticed her. She didn’t stand out - bay and plain, and had no traits to make her noticeable either. Moonlet was okay with that though as she scampered up a small grassy mound and heaved a sigh of relief. She’d made it just in time to see the first star shoot across the dark horizon.

Moonlet had noticed an increase in shooting star activity the past couple of nights and knew that tonight would be the night. She tipped her head back, black mane catching in the warm summer breezes that played around her.. The girl took up no more space in the world than an ant did! As small and untroubled as the stars above.

A smile broke across her face, shedding some inner light upon her features that made her look radiant in the faint star glow of an otherwise ordinary night. That smile might have been an open invitation to whoever else was around that might desire some companionship. Moonlet wouldn’t admit that she was lonely but she also wouldn’t begrudge sharing the shooting star show and her little hill with someone else. 

Messages In This Thread
    dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 10-04-2020, 03:46 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by gravitas - 10-04-2020, 05:34 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 10-05-2020, 06:14 AM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by gravitas - 10-06-2020, 05:02 PM
    RE: dawn disrupts me; any - by Moonlet - 11-01-2020, 12:20 PM