• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when i get my hands on you, jassal pony
    CrownS
    He’s beginning to grow in leaps and bounds, losing the frail bird chest of a young boy and the knobby knees. His age is still evident in his stature and the short length of his mane, but there is a hint of the man he’ll be one day. He’s there in the sharpening angle of his jaw and the broadening shoulders. Yet the kind curve of his smile lingers there in the corners of his lips as he slips quietly over the Tephran border. His family is distracted in their preparations for the next brood of children. They won’t notice if their youngest child is gone for a few hours, right?

A laugh like warm honey bubbles from his mouth. His long legs carry him over fallen trees and across little streams. Crowns likes the way he can see his breath outside the jungle, especially when he starts running like this. The chill kisses at his cheek. An inner fire keeps him comfortable as he hurries down a low sloping hill. How strange, to think he used to be so slow and tire so easily. Now his muscles sing when he leaps over a thorn bush with hardly any effort.

But he is plucked from his thoughts when he sees her - glimmering and chilled in the river. He comes to a sudden stop and watches her for a while like an awestruck fool. Crowns studies the outline of her back, shining against the ink-black of the water behind her. (Did David stare half so intensely at Bathsheba?)

His muscles relax, but his pulse is still thundering in his ears.

Slowly, wordlessly, he wades into the water across from her, and steam rises off his back. His sapphire eyes trace the barbs running down the length of his spine and they are unlike anything he has seen before. Oh, but he has always loved the night, and all the monsters that it brings with it. She makes his hair stand on end with fear just the way he likes.

Are you part of the night sky?” he asks, grinning now as he edges closer.

@[altar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when i get my hands on you, jassal pony - by crowns - 10-26-2020, 11:07 PM