• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  tell me that it's all okay.
    CrownS
    The autumn air is crisp and the sun is at its highest point in the sky, beaming across his back. Crowns stands at the crest of a meadow hill as he gathers the courage he needs. Failure will only cost him some scraped knees, he knows, but still, he hesitates. His dripping wings spread wide as he draws in a deep breath. Today is the day he learns to fly and he intends to do it solely on his own - no help from his grandmother or any of the aunts and uncles.

The boy gives himself a nod in some feigned sort of confidence and steps back before setting off into a gallop. His brows are furrowed and his gaze is focused entirely on the path ahead. He flaps his wings and kicks off the way he’d seen others do when they took flight, and for a fleeting moment the wind catches him. It isn’t flying, of course, but it is gliding.

Until it isn’t.

The breeze drops him unceremoniously and he tumbles the few short feet to the tall grasses and unforgiving ground. A grunt is forced from his lungs once he lands into a heap of legs. While others may find themselves discouraged, Crowns is not so easily dissuaded from his goals. He has had the faintest taste of what his wings can do and now he is ravenous for more. He rises up onto his hooves to shake the dirt from his sapphire coat, and then he begins the short trek up the hill again.

He will fall innumerous times more, but he will answer each sudden descent with greater tenacity and a wide grin across his handsome face.

Messages In This Thread
    tell me that it's all okay. - by crowns - 10-28-2020, 11:03 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by rosebay - 10-29-2020, 02:23 AM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by crowns - 10-29-2020, 11:10 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by rosebay - 10-29-2020, 11:33 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by crowns - 10-29-2020, 11:59 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by rosebay - 10-30-2020, 12:21 AM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by crowns - 10-30-2020, 07:38 PM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by rosebay - 11-18-2020, 01:32 AM
    RE: tell me that it's all okay. - by crowns - 11-19-2020, 09:25 PM