• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give my all just to watch you fall; any
    rapt
    rapt.

there is a dream in the space between the hammer and the nail
    the dream of about-to-be-hit, which is a bad dream

Rapt hasn’t died – not yet – nor has he been particularly close to death, either in his own doings or in those around him. He wonders, at times, about his mother and father – surely, by now, they’re dead – but he never found any affirmation one way or another, so it is a mystery he will carry on with him for lord knows how long. This used to bother him, but time, as it does, has dulled that wound, and Rapt found himself distracted well enough, falling for a variety of monsters and bearing children his body was not meant to carry.
    (He loved them, though. The monsters and the children.)

“Perhaps,” he says, but he has little time to speak more, for then she is close enough to him that for moment he is unsettled, and then she keeps moving, closer and then through him, as if he did not exist at all.
    He shivers, though the sensation had not been much of anything. It was more the visual of it, her skin sinking into his, strange but intriguing. He is still slightly adrift in that strange transpiring when she speaks again, of hunting – of power.
    Hunting is a pleasure, she says.
    He pauses. What’s the word he wants? What she describes is not something he wants – anything resembling bloodlust in Rapt is twisted inward, his own desire to be hurt – but her description is something delicious all the same.
    “It sounds fascinating,” is what he goes with, then admits, “I’ve had no experience with it, myself. Too soft, I suppose.”
    Soft in some things, not so much in others. Everything’s relative.
    “What else do you do,” he asks, “besides hunt?”

but the nail will take the hit if it gets to sleep inside the wood forever

@[Titanya]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give my all just to watch you fall; any - by rapt - 01-05-2021, 07:42 PM