• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  if I'm on fire you'll be made of ashes too, anyone
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    She does not remember why she had chosen Pangea. Maybe her mother had mentioned it in passing, or maybe she had just stumbled across it and saw no reason to leave. Pangea had not been much to look at, and even she could see that, as clueless to the ways of this world though she was. The rest of Beqanna seemed so bright, with a myriad of colors and sounds. Pangea was barren and desolate, like some diseased thing that couldn’t seem to actually die. It didn’t seem to belong, like the rest of the lands.

And perhaps that is why she stayed; because she did not really belong, either.
    A lost star that was still trapped earth-bound, and near as she could tell, the stars were still too far away no matter which land she chose to live in.

She watched with the same indifferent stare as always when Pangea first went up in flames, and then swallowed the magic mare as the earth shook. If anything, the event at least sparked some sort of emotion in her; curiosity, mostly, at the endless mysteries and powers this land seemed to hold. If capable of such a thing she would have been almost irritated by it – to once again witness such power, but she herself having been left rendered almost entirely weak after arriving here.

It makes her wonder, though, what kind of secrets the other lands hold. If they too have fires that swallow lands and spring up others in their wake, if the earth could simply open up at any given moment. It makes her wonder, too, what would have happened had she died; if she would have gone to the afterlife, or been returned to the sky as a star. It’s a thought that had not crossed her mind until she was faced with the possibility of dying, and she tries to not think too hard about why she let the opportunity pass.

It is dusk when she arrives at Loess, and much like Pangea, there is no reason why she chooses here. She walks across the rocky hills, the glow of her skin becoming more pronounced as the sky continued to dim, but she does not call out to anyone. She does not think her presence will go unnoticed.
    Islas

Messages In This Thread
    if I'm on fire you'll be made of ashes too, anyone - by Islas - 11-22-2020, 05:13 PM