• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; Briseis
    I need you like a heart needs a beat
    but it's nothing new--

She can’t help but to smile when he kisses her, the touch briefly chasing away all of the doubts and insecurities that liked to haunt her. She couldn’t help but to marvel at him—the quiet strength that he carried, the way that he softened so completely when he was next to her, and how he was still an enigma that she did not fully understand. The idea that he was hers and that he never strayed was something she could not even fathom, and she was often left wondering how her nightmares had transformed into a dream. And so she feels a twinge of guilt when her own self-doubt reflects back in his voice, realizing she had accidentally made him question the very thing he should never be uncertain of.

“No, love, that isn’t why I asked,” she says in a quiet rush as she shifts to face him better, her brown eyes full and apologetic. "You are my world. You, and our children. I wouldn't trade our life for anything." She diverts her gaze again, her jaw tightening just slightly as she tries to gather her thoughts. “You just seem so much bigger than this place, and this life.” On their first meeting he had taken her through shadow portals, and shown her a mere glimpse of what he was capable of. She had thought him to be something beyond her reach back then; she had been certain that she would never see him again after that, that he would move onto bigger and better things.

Instead he was here, wrapped in the dark with her.

“I just don't want to be the reason that you’re...stuck.” Her eyes find the bright yellow of his, searching his face as she offers him a somewhat braver smile, and reaches to gently press a kiss to the side of his face. “When I first met you I thought you’d become a king somewhere, in some far off land that your shadows took you to.”

-- briseis.

@[Ether]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; Briseis - by Briseis - 01-27-2021, 03:06 AM