• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there's a place off (oceane) avenue
    don't be afraid of the fire, I'd never let you burn

Her smile sours a little bit at Ocean’s question - though she appreciates the hopeful tone. Fiorina does not want to admit that she had tried, just to see, but had only succeeded in scraping her knees and her pride after a short and awkward fall. “They did not.” And Fiorina’s bitterness about this fact is evident, filling those three words to the brim. “Perhaps they might have but after they took my sight… I wasn’t very… friendly with my language towards the fairies. A poor decision, probably. But it had felt good at the time.” And, though she is quite upset with how things had turned out, she knows she wouldn’t have reacted any other way.

It was rude of them, to take her sight. To rob her of seeing Drear as a foal, of the precious little moments you take for granted.

She tilts her head as Oceane explains the reason for her quest - eyes focused on where the voice is coming from and a smile begins to spread. “Well, if you were looking for warriors you could have just asked.” The knife tail flicks a little behind her in a harmless action (though Fiorina is aware that she does not have to move much at all to appear threatening - even if that’s not her intention right now). “I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m built for fighting. And I’ve grown tired of Nerine.” The truth of it was she had never quite settled there anyway. She had gone to that region to keep an eye on Lilliana and Ruthless, but the little bird was often away and Lilliana’s forest home was too claustrophobic for this fire-wreathed mare.

“Maybe I can't match what the fairies can give you but I'm one more body, at least?”

art by Reitro

@[Oceane] idk why this took me so long this reply has been living in my head since you posted and I only just got around to actually writing it down

Messages In This Thread
    there's a place off (oceane) avenue - by Fiorina - 11-26-2020, 02:53 PM
    RE: there's a place off (oceane) avenue - by Fiorina - 01-03-2021, 02:38 PM