• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; islas
    You think I'll be the Dark Sky so you can be the Star?
    I'll Swallow you Whole.
    She remembers the first time she had seen anger – the kind that she could almost taste. She had asked Set if it felt like a storm inside of his chest because that was all she had to compare it to. She has seen the way clouds grow black and bruised, has heard the low growl of thunder and felt the way it reverberates within the marrow of her bones. She is familiar with the ways that nature chooses to unleash her fury, but she has never understood the way it tries to manifest itself inside the chest of mortals.

It was the one emotion she couldn’t seem to mimic. She had learned how to fake smiles, had picked up on all the things that they deemed as proper conversation etiquette,  but she could not figure out a way to feel anger.

Until it shoots like lightning in her veins, bright and burning. It pierces into her chest where it then spreads outwards in hot streaks beneath her skin, and her dark eyes sharpen at the newfound venom that springs to her tongue.

And then, just like that, it is gone.
    Just as quickly as he had injected the toxin into her veins he pulls it back out, and the hollow space that makes up all of her insides somehow seems to feel even larger.

She is left with an unfamiliar ache in her chest, a longing for something that she still did not quite grasp, something that wasn't entirely hers to begin with.

The happiness blooms next, an amber warmth in comparison to the molten red of anger;  like the sunshine from above has seeped into her skin and spread through her bones. It brings with it a new depth to her eyes, as though they finally can come into focus and she holds him within her gaze. The emotion takes root inside of her, and she almost begins to wonder if she had missed him, or if it is just what his artist's brush is telling her to feel.

She doesn't know what to do with it either way and so she can only take a step back as he rises, watching the way the water glistens and runs off the muscular shape of his body. She thinks he is what would be considered handsome, but she comes from a place where all the stars are beautiful just because they are stars, and she sees everyone here in the same way. No, there is something else about him, that mysterious give and take of emotion; the holder of the things that keeps her so divided from this world. He is something beyond his physical shape, just as she is so much more than the equine shell this place has confined her to.

“I am,” she says as she casts a sweeping glance at their surroundings, still trying to decide what had led her to stop here, before looking back to him with a softness that is so out of place for her. “I don’t know for how long, though.” She pauses, still clinging to the threads of emotion he had given before, wringing the last of it until her voice is sincere rather than hollow, “And you? Are you staying, or just passing through?”
    Islas

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    i will not speak of your sin; islas - by Tiercel - 12-07-2020, 07:08 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; islas - by Islas - 12-12-2020, 03:16 AM