• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd give you my sunshine

As far as it came to trying new things, venturing from the forest and closer the river was not groundbreaking but it was something. The woods had become something of a home for her lately, the comforting closeness and the way she could get lost in their depths and discover something new every single day. Though she was still relatively young, beneath those branches she felt like a small filly still. Filled with wonder and excitement.

But the first snowflakes of the season had begun to fall, and that was a special occasion. Worth being out in the open for. Her firefly friends did not feel the same excitement and some had remained in the shelter of the forest. A small handful ventured with her but they lay nestled among her mane, keeping close to her body and the occasional glimpse of their soft yellow light peeks out from the charcoal lengths.

She was wandering but worried about colliding with someone else so she stands near the banks, her eyes are glued to the gentle grey of the sky and the occasional white flake that descends from it. They do not stick to the autumn-gold grass or the ground, it is still too warm for that, but they dance around the air in a cool breeze and skim the surface of the nearby river before settling into it and disappearing forever.

And though Avelina is enjoying this moment, this peace and the quiet that comes with the snow, there's an ache in the silence too. On the days when her twin isn't around, when she has not run into either of her star-strewn friends, she feels a loneliness that she cannot shake. Some just aren't meant to live on their own, with only fireflies for company.

avelina

@[Narya]

Messages In This Thread
    I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 12-29-2020, 08:59 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 01-05-2021, 01:18 AM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 01-14-2021, 09:06 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 01-24-2021, 03:38 AM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 02-11-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 02-15-2021, 12:49 AM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Avelina - 02-21-2021, 05:00 PM
    RE: I'd give you my sunshine - by Narya - 03-14-2021, 07:10 PM