• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; aquaria
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Does he depend on Islas? An answer comes to his mind immediately, though the rationale takes longer. There are many reasons why he depends on the star-mare, and untangling them had been part of his mission during his walk on this dark day. Some of the reasons Tiercel relies on Islas are different from the reasons she depends on him, and some of them are similar. He cannot deny that the sudden darkness would have been worse if she was not with him, if she did not return to their cavern for rest, if he didn’t have a purpose to protect her. And Tiercel knows he depends on Islas for the very reason that tied them together in the first place — he holds an endless, pressing ocean within the realms of his being and she is an empty vessel to willingly accept his emotions.

So while his burdens might be different from Islas’s, the dun-and-navy knows that he does rely on her.

“Yes, I do.” This confirmation does soothe him; despite Aquaria’s willingness to accept her own wisdom, her words ease the downpour of questions he had arrived with. Perhaps Tiercel can feel satisfied knowing that Islas leans on him and he leans on her. Perhaps knowing this will be enough to keep them safe through this strange darkness (and even into the birth of their child, if the shadows lasted that long).

Aquaria’s laugh brings the stallion’s attention back to the beach. He catches a glimpse of the sun at that moment, like a warm summer day melting the cold from his back. Tiercel cannot refuse the smile that breaks his serious face, and it softens the hard edges of his face. He isn’t sure what he said to make her laugh, but his smile is genuine, and he feels content knowing that she had found some joy in their conversation.

“I’ve never been the leader of an island before, but I know what it’s like to worry about someone.” The pressing weight of worry has plagued him with sleepless nights (though day and night have blurred into one) and a twisting stomach since the darkness began, and he imagines it has done much of the same for Aquaria. Their conversation is a balm to his soul; for this time, standing on this beach with soft blue orbs swirling around their faces, Tiercel feels his worry slip into a corner to hide.

He feels safer on this island, knowing that the monsters might not have reached this place just yet, and Tiercel relaxes on the beachfront. “I would love to hear how you became the official worrier of the island, if you’d like to share.” He says this with another smile, though this one lingers on the edge of charisma and good-natured humor.
    tiercel.

@[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; aquaria - by Tiercel - 02-01-2021, 09:33 AM