• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you called me rude and I take that as a compliment

It actually breaks something in Maze’s mind to have Sabal so seriously tell her she’s not weak for crying. Or for her emotions. But she realizes only right then that if she had ever come across Sabal crying, she would not have mocked her for it. She would have offered comfort, she would have teased, and she would have done absolutely everything she could to make things better.

And she would not have thought less of her friend for it for a moment.

So why had she been so sure that her friends would treat her any different?

Her life-long habit of insecurities and wrestling with anything that wasn’t happiness or anger can’t be erased with a single conversation, but the seeds have been planted. Mazikeen cannot even find words to respond, she just looks at Sabal with an absolutely dumbfounded expression and eventually finds the ability to nod her agreement.

And she’s certainly not too far gone not to roll her eyes at the wink Sabal tosses her way - finding a smile again but instead of annoyance, it’s just full of affection.

A long exhale escapes Mazikeen as they get to the task at hand and though she still feels the weight of it, she notices too that it is not what it had been before the guppy had stepped out of the river. “I have to kill a monster - which is fine, of course - but also learn to appreciate this form above all else.” Mazikeen stomps one of her forelegs to emphasize the point. “It feels like I’ve spent most of my life so far not in this shape. So if you’ve got any suggestions on how to go about this, I’m all ears.”

@[Sabal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you called me rude and I take that as a compliment - by Mazikeen - 02-10-2021, 11:33 AM