• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're the world to me, stellaria
    WORSHIP
    What a fool he had been to leave her! He knows this now.
    If he’d had the means, he would have shackled himself to her side. He would have trailed after her like stardust and gnashed his teeth at anyone who glanced in her direction. He would have carved open his chest and bled poetry at her feet.

Instead, he had gone home to Tephra and asked his father what love meant and the answer had left him feeling hollow. There had to be more to it than allegiance.

He’d told his father about her and his father had smiled his patient smile and told him that the ache in his chest would go away with time.

But it hadn’t. No, it had compounded. Worship could think of nothing else but the ache. He no longer dreamed of ruin but of the stars strewn across her shoulders. And when his sister slept nearby, he dreamed of Stellaria always just outside of his reach.

Then the darkness came and his parents were reluctant to let the twins out of their sight.

But now he is long and lean. He knows how to use the wings and he has not forgotten a promise he made once. Two promises, in fact. Solemn vows he made. And this terrible darkness will not stop him from keeping those promises. So he sets out in the hopes of finding her. 

He starts in the meadow because that is where he found her first. And perhaps it is chance or perhaps it is fate that he finds her there again. Oh, how his heart thrashes so mightily against the cage of his ribs as he approaches her. His gaze falls heavy on her wings and his heart twinges something mournful and he wonders what other lovesick fool must have given them to her. (But oh, he is so happy for her, too!)

He reaches out to touch them so gently. And this is the first time he has allowed himself to touch her. So hesitantly, still so acutely aware that he has no right.

You got your wings,” he murmurs. Still, he does not smile. Still, he is much too serious.

you were the boat that breached in the tale of conrad
    oh, i loved you with the good and the careless of me
    but it all goes bad

@[Stellaria]

Messages In This Thread
    you're the world to me, stellaria - by worship - 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM