• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I try to keep from going under

The roll of her eyes makes his ears flip forward, jarring the little snake, and she slithers back into his thick mane (pissed). So, she’s quite observant, he ponders, and feels a little scolded after she’s rolled her eyes in acknowledgement. The feeling passes quickly. When she shifts into a bear, white, black paws and markings across her face, his grin widens, almost looking mad. She’s full of fun tricks, isn’t she? He flicks his nose curiously at her as she starts to prowl out of the waters and toward the edge. His teal eyes stay with her, and he listens carefully.

Her eyes blaze wildly, and he’s hooked like a salmon, keeping his eyes and ears on the bear as she moves. Her last story sounds a lot like his experience, the memory makes his shoulder ache and the slash scar pulse under the scab. “Impressive.” he means it, but still its hard to not sound facetious when you’re a sarcastic asshole by nature. “I only fought the one – not nearly as riveting, and I didn’t get away as clean.” The memories of it flash through him and his skin beads sweat under his mane, his skin always feels freezing and his body feverish when he remembers. After fighting the one, he ran from the rest; a very fuck this attitude. He leaves that out – in the face a warrior bear woman (he doesn’t even know she’s queen of hyaline), it seems unwise to point out you’re kind of a little bitch comparatively. And with his ego? Please. He tucks that away.

Screams, breaking branches, growling, cracking and clicking. The apocalypse happens around them, the darkness still stifling. It feels like it may never be over. Does this sort of world not bother her, he wonders? She does seem quite at home, while his skin crawls. He can almost hear his grandfather cringing, watching closely, disappointed. Chemdog doesn’t like this kind of world, he can survive it, he can fight, but he doesn’t want to. He doesn’t love it, he loves other things. But this woman, she seems unperturbed, almost fueled.

CHEMDOG
    to the window, to the wall

@[Mazikeen] this ones kind of weird? im not sure lol forgive me

Messages In This Thread
    I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 03-22-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 03-28-2021, 07:52 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 03-30-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-09-2021, 06:51 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 04-12-2021, 03:32 PM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-16-2021, 09:28 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Mazikeen - 04-18-2021, 10:44 AM
    RE: I try to keep from going under - by Chemdog - 04-22-2021, 06:42 AM