• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like a dream you try to remember but it's gone

A smile brightens Tamlin’s already shining expression as he watches colours play across Winslow’s skin where he touches - and it only encourages him further. He wonders if she’s doing this on purpose but he’s too distracted to string together coherent thoughts, never mind coherent words. Her proximity, the press of her lips against his neck, it is overwhelming in such a wildly pleasant way.

When she pulls away after his kiss, Tamlin wonders if he had done it wrong. The distance, small as it is, feels chilly after their proximity a moment ago but it’s only concern that steals away his smile, not disappointment. His eyes are intent on hers - seeing something of that same expression she had worn before she had turned into a mare. And though Tamlin wishes to spend his life making sure she never has to feel whatever that fear is again, he knows he will not move from this spot if she takes more space. He’ll give her whatever she needs - even distance.

But, though he’d give her distance if he had to, he’s still glad when she moves closer again. Hope dances with that concern as he listens patiently to her quiet words and feels his heart ache. It makes no sense to him what she says - because how could anyone see her and not ask her to stay? How could anyone not absolutely fall for how fierce and strong she is? He doesn’t move to touch her just yet - the warmth of his eyes tracing the way soft pink and blue and black mix and finally focusing on her bright gaze when he finds his voice again. “I want you to stay, Winslow. I will want you to stay every day.” This truth is so easy to admit, and how can he help but smile once again as he looks at her. “And more than that I want you to be happy. Whatever that means.”

Even if it means leaving - because who would he be if he forced her to stay? What would his parents think if he forced her to stay?!

If she needed time to sort out her thoughts he couldn’t begrudge her that. Tamlin’s heart feels sure, the nervous flutter of his pulse easing into a steady pace as he acknowledges that he would wait for her. And if she chose to find him again he would be there.

“We could just take it one day at a time?” He offers quietly, the words punctuated with a soft brush of his muzzle against her cheek before he pulls back again, watching her eyes carefully for any sign he's saying the wrong thing.

t a m l i n

artwork by space1993

@winslow

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like a dream you try to remember but it's gone - by Tamlin - 09-13-2021, 09:26 AM