• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the kind of heartbreak time could never mend, atrox
    Ryatah
    They could get lost in this moment, the two of them, and she knows that all too well. He had a way of making her forget that anything else in the world existed beyond the two of them entwined, and her favorite part is she doesn’t think he really tries. She is a creature easily captivated, and she knows this about herself. For so long she allowed herself to indulge in anyone that she wanted, or anyone that wanted her—equal parts her way of surviving a world meant to tear her down, but on many occasions it was also just her being reckless with her heart.

And how terribly predictable of her to fall so wholly for the man that played at being the least interested in her.

She isn’t sure, even after all these years, if he did it on purpose. If he knew that all he had to do was keep her close by all but demanding she follow him back to Hyaline, and that fate would do the rest. Perhaps he knew all along that she would be unable to resist his sharp-edges and roguish smiles, but she is almost certain not even he had intended to wind up here. Here, with his mouth on her warm skin, with her heart belonging entirely to him in a way it has never belonged to anyone; with her every tomorrow sure to intertwine with his, and that simple, sweet understanding in knowing they had both found a new meaning to the word forever.

“I have to talk about them so you don’t forget we have them,” she says with another low laugh, skimming her lips along his side. He wasn’t exactly a doting father, but it was not something she held against him. She is certain that he would do anything for her, including ensuring the safety of their children. That was all she could ever ask for.

Reluctantly, she lets her exploration of him come to a stop, smiling into his neck when she murmurs into his mane, “You think I can actually concentrate on anything besides you?” But she shifts away from him anyway with a disappointed sigh that she does not bother to disguise, though without his touch it does make it easier to distinguish the heat that he ignites from the strange, electric-like current that hummed in her veins.

She closes her eyes, waiting for the echo of his face to fade, until there is only dark.
    The dark, and her heartbeat, and that unnamed feeling trying to crawl out of her skin, and finally, she just lets it.

It happens fast enough that she almost does not realize it is happening, only that there is the sudden feeling of the entire world dropping out from under her, and when it finds its place again and she opens her eyes, they are no where near where they had been standing moments before.

They stand instead on Hyaline’s northern shore, the mountain range at their backs and the cold waves crashing at their front. She recognizes it, though she did not often venture this far, and from the way her legs begin to tremble she wasn’t entirely convinced she hadn’t physically made the trek on foot.

Breathless, she finds his familiar yellow eyes, her own filled with a muted wonder, but mostly confusion. “I don’t know how I did that. At least I brought you with me.” She tries to smooth away her unease with another smile and a step in his direction, close enough to brush her mouth against his jaw as she adds with a somewhat forced lightness, “Lucky you. You always get to be here when I figure out something new.”
    EVEN ANGELS HAVE THEIR WICKED SCHEMES

if it wasn't clear, she teleported them from wherever they were in Hyaline to a different part of Hyaline lmao

@atrox

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the kind of heartbreak time could never mend, atrox - by Ryatah - 07-02-2021, 01:34 AM