• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know, agetta

Ryatah’s confusion is matched by Agetta’s, and it deepens for a moment when her friend kindly offers the solution that it has just been a while since Agetta has been here in Hyaline. Her gaze shifts again, a third check of their surroundings as if this might be the time when she sees an answer. Was there more she’s forgotten? She cannot sense any holes in her memory, there are no blank edges to her years that feel like they need to be filled in. Sometimes she feels disconnected with the memory of how sad she had been for so many years but even that does not linger, such thoughts are easily brushed aside.

Where there might have once been a flattening of her ears at the mention of Atrox’s name, now there is only polite curiosity and a growing smile - which erases all remnants of confused frowns when Ryatah mentions that things are surprisingly perfect for her right now. “I’m so glad to hear that, and glad you’ve got someone too - especially someone who helps make things perfect.” What a wonderful thing, Agetta thinks, to share your life with someone else. It had never been a goal of hers, had it? To settle down with someone, to find love. She’d been too busy with the Gates, raising her assortment of children, and then being a ghost hardly afforded much chance at connection.

As always, when she tries to think about the fathers of her children she’s left with a sense that they were nice but fleeting flings and then these thoughts too are brushed aside as if by an invisible hand.

“Oh I’m fine.” It’s an automatic answer - and true for once. Agetta does feel fine, better than she has in a long time. She feels at peace. “The eclipse…” There’s a brief flicker of a frown as Agetta tries to recall a memory that is hazy, of snapping jaws and her wings beating at dark air as she searched for someone. She shakes her head and the thought disappears, a smile returning to her dark blue eyes. “Definitely unscathed, I mostly just spent it keeping my youngest out of trouble. I won’t complain if my next child can’t shapeshift.” Another small laugh, like when she had referenced her old age. There may not be any more children in her future but she does enjoy being a mother, so it would not be so terrible a thing.

Agetta

@[Ryatah]
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know, agetta - by Agetta - 06-14-2021, 05:24 PM