• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was catching my breath, ledger

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

If only she had told him. He could have told her where it had all come from, how he too had once been stripped from the bear and weighed down by the brunt of anxiety. But he had gotten it back and had only realized once it was gone how much of himself had been in the beast. He had learned to come to a certain peace within himself, still flawed, not perfect, but fine just the way it was. He wonders if she feels an ache, an absence, that he had felt when he had been parted from his magic. Even though he still despised the dark God who had put it there, he no longer felt the burden of a curse.

His new heart stutters when she mentions grandchildren. Had time gone on that quickly? Where had it gone? He wonders if he looks as old as he feels sometimes. Magic had always been tricky here and youth tended to cling firmly to even those not blessed to immortality. “Seven.” He exhales sharply, obviously overwhelmed by this unexpected news. With a sudden pang in his freed heart, he wishes Magnus was here too. That snapshot of a family that had always been stolen from them. To see how far they had all come no matter how cursed or treacherous their paths were.

“I would love to meet them all.” He says with an easy smile, gold flecks molten in the burning warmth of his russet eye. “And you should meet your little brother and sister. If you want to, of course.” This role of a father settles like static on his back, uncertain and still trying to place to land. He is trying though, trying to make up this debt he owed to all of them for not being the man he should have been. “We are moving to Sylva. If you ever want to visit… We would be happy to have you.”

Ledger

@Dawn

Messages In This Thread
    i was catching my breath, ledger - by Dawn - 05-28-2021, 02:27 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Ledger - 05-28-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Dawn - 05-28-2021, 11:15 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Ledger - 05-29-2021, 12:13 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Dawn - 06-22-2021, 10:49 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Ledger - 06-26-2021, 02:24 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Dawn - 09-10-2021, 02:58 PM
    RE: i was catching my breath, ledger - by Ledger - 09-10-2021, 07:59 PM