• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how I missed your fire
    Khal, keeping a steady pace ahead of Brunhilde, huffs to himself. He glances behind him, heavy lion's head swinging as if it is the size it once was. It had been at least a year since he had last seen the walking wildfire; and it is not often he feels the need to be near her. The weight of carrying her waxing and waning mind is clear in the slope of his shoulders and darkness in his eyes. As much as he hates seeing her like this, he longed for a clear way to bring her back to herself.

The guardian returned to his charge when he felt she needed him again, the pattern he has kept ever since Brun grew to adulthood. He felt she needed him again and partially, he needed her. The magic in Beqanna shifted once more. The sun returned and his body changed. No longer was he some fierce predator and his only communication was through other companions. Khal was lonely and confused; and the bits and pieces of Brun's thoughts he picked up on were hardly coherent.

So, here he was, traveling one hundred feet ahead of his charge. Every now and again Brunhilde will ask him if he's okay and he'll respond with a gentle, I'm fine. Do you need to stop and rest? And she'll refuse, even if exhaustion is clear in her heavy step.

We should stop soon, Brun projects, finally admitting she is tired as dusk begins to settle. Go find somewhere to rest, I'm hungry. When Khal expresses his dissent with that plan, Brun reassures him with a quiet I won't go far.

She doesn't go far, because it doesn't take far to find the smoky woman Brun finds herself in looping thoughts about. Her gemstone eyes grow wide with surprise and wonder, glittering with a resurgence of clarity she hasn't felt since before the Eclipse.

"You're literally sparkling," Brun says at first, still too dumbfounded and unsure to express her excitement. "Vastra," comes next, a reverent whisper. "You look so beautiful. I missed you so much." And before she can second-guess it, Brun steps forward and wraps the shapeshifter in a quiet, meaningful embrace.

"I'm so glad to see you made it through the Eclipse okay," she murmurs; and for the first time since she can remember, her vision doesn't waver with bad memories.

@[Vastra] eek :))))

Messages In This Thread
    how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-12-2021, 12:25 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-15-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-27-2021, 04:54 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 07-04-2021, 11:11 AM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 08-05-2021, 01:43 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM