• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how I missed your fire
    Tephra. Brunhilde can't remember if she's ever been, but in her newfound clarity she is certain she could have been in all her lost meandering. It seems a pity, a shame, that she cannot remember the hot jungle and its lovely beaches. That Vastra has been tucked away behind lush, large leaves perhaps seconds away and Brun would have never known; but she won't get lost in the what-ifs and forgotten memories this time, no--the little flame is determined to remain here.

A taste of happiness, a slice of life. Vastra has been out experiencing it all and while it might have been easy to feel jealousy, Brunhilde only feels longing and excitement. She watches her companion with gemstone eyes that sparkle with a new emotion on each facet: sorrow, elation, apprehension, confusion.

Brun leans her fire-bright skin into Vastra's mouth tangling in her mane and offers a soft, quiet smile. She doesn't say anything about her children, not initially. While she feels no betrayal--and immediately longs to meet this family, this extension of Vastra--she does not mean to invite herself where she could not be welcome. There is no doom in her thinking but these eggshells she walks on are typical and trained: secrets and vicious boundaries are almost all she's ever known.

"I love the heat," she answers with a musical laugh. She doesn't hesitate even a split second after the offer: "I would love nothing more than to stay with you." Brun doesn't mean to sound too eager--and typically that kind of vulnerability would leave her swallowing shame--but there has never been judgement nor shame between this pair.

The soft smile turns into a blinding one. She nods resolutely.

"When are we leaving?"

@Vastra

Messages In This Thread
    how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-12-2021, 12:25 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-15-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-27-2021, 04:54 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 07-04-2021, 11:11 AM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 08-05-2021, 01:43 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM