• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd pray but I know there's nothing else
    some Violence and Babies Being Eaten

sickle
    One of her blinks works, and she feels her stomach slide around in her body as they move in a way she cannot describe. When she looks around again, they are somewhere else entirely and though there is nausea eating up her insides she forgets it instantly. She does not recognize the place that they arrive in as one of those that he had shown her. There are no canyons, nor any great trees rising above. She is frowning, trying to figure it out, when he explains. Hyaline, his home! Oh, well that makes sense that he’d want to show her his home first.

She’s just thinking about how much she’d like to go plunge into the lake and swim among the stars when the friend with her introduces himself. Gale - and her smile lasts just as long as it takes him to say that final word. Her dad. For a moment, she just stares at him. She’s startled into reverting back to her filly shape, though she barely notices the change.

“My dad?” Sickle repeats in a quiet, almost frightened voice. And she looks around like she’s expecting Wishbone to come out of the trees and explain to her what’s going on. Only they aren’t in Tephra anymore, so her mom is not nearby. Finally some unease begins to settle into the young filly and her distress displays itself as shifting colours across her coat. She looks back to him - the adult here, the one who will have more answers even though he's the one that confused her in the first place. “My mom never… never said anything…” Because Sickle had never thought to ask before now. She'd enjoyed her life with those that she knew and had never questioned that there might be an empty space.

Messages In This Thread
    I'd pray but I know there's nothing else - by Sickle - 06-24-2021, 08:12 PM