• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]

Mazikeen can think of nothing to say to his comment about liking her better with fire so she ignores it and it soon fades away and out of her mind. When fire first races across her skin she does not stop her grazing. There’s no curiosity that could encourage her to turn her head.

She is idly reaching for more grass when the fire becomes real. When it courses across her back and she is burning in every part of her body and a gasp escapes her as feeling returns. It’s not exactly her emotions that return to her but they are close. That wild, fierce love that had driven so much of her actions is still shattered - it cannot be replicated so easily - and the fire that burns inside of her is smokier than before, obscured by the darkness of the one that has fused her broken pieces back together.

The storm she’s always associated with her thoughts and emotions is now a raging inferno and in its centre, a heart that nearly matches his. Real but not real, there but not.

She turns to him now, eyes dancing as she does. They are a darker orange now than they were before, richer and redder. She reaches to run her muzzle up his neck and sighs at the feel and scent of his golden skin just before she grows canines and bites into it - drinking his blood in a deep greedy gulp before tearing her mouth away in a savage twist. She had never liked the taste of flesh before, had never killed at the end of her hunts, but she does not spit out this piece of him she has taken. An eye for an eye - flesh for flesh.

Some things were not put back together as they should have been, some things are missing entirely. She does not feel revulsion at the piece of meat she swallows or the blood she licks from her lips. She is not afraid as she moves so she might look at him more easily. As she does, she remembers where they are - what had been done here - and the fire on her skin brightens.

But even though she burns, her voice is cold as she levels her gaze at him and points out “You were the one who wanted me pregnant.”

m a z i k e e n .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature] - by Mazikeen - 06-28-2021, 03:13 PM