• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sink in the river the lessons I learned; Djuna
    Leilan
    The painted mare is confused and for a heartbeat longer, the question lingers in his head like a clear silver bell’s echo. He smiles - amiably so, waiting for her to renounce her question, but she doesn’t and it becomes more of a joking grin. The quicksilver of his eyes change to a bright emerald green, his head tilts just a tad and he continues. ”Ah, you know, the ancient miracle. What has four ears, eight legs, two hearts, and didn’t remember it was that time of year?” Another pause follows, waiting for her to catch up. Still, he can’t help but feel a little sorry. ”First one, huh?” he offers with a more friendly, near worrying tone. Not that he thinks she couldn’t handle it though. Most mares are perfectly capable of raising their offspring without any help.

His eyes take on a more neutral, light blue color as he makes a shoulder motion, letting go of the subject if she wants to, too. ”You’re new to Beqanna?” he asks - he knows, but he makes it sound like something that he estimates from her behaviour and smell, not something that could be plucked from the mind like a ripe apple (similar to her name, actually). It’s not polite - well, he wouldn’t have cared about that but he does feel a little sorry for her pregnant self being in a new environment. It must be hard being homeless and not knowing your way all too well. Besides, he shouldn’t spend his time bullying people. He’s a man on a mission. ”By any chance have you seen a chestnut mare, skinny, star marking, bright blue eyes?” Probably not - Lilliana had been missing a long time now and it would be pure coincidence. He doesn’t want to sound too eager, so he keeps his face neutral. It was his problem, not Djuna’s.
    something so right
    doing the wrong thing

@Djuna
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sink in the river the lessons I learned; Djuna - by Leilan - 07-25-2021, 11:41 AM