• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    She has changed. He has thought it about a hundred times during this encounter and it dashes across his mind once more. She holds herself differently, seems more settled into herself. As if she was certain of exactly who and what she was. This is something new to him, a new version of her to play with. He finds himself excited at the thought. Miss him? She snorts and he can now see the worry that pulls at the lines of her face and the breathless way she speaks of her missing father.

He does not know that much about the North. Only that they bred like rabbits and seemed to all be connected and had now integrated into the Southern lands he resides in. But he does know what it’s like to have your sire go missing. To not know where your parents are. For him it leaves more bitterness to scald his tongue but he is silent, watching her mounting concerns. As they cross into the ones related to Hyaline and he scowls slightly at her as she does exactly as he expects. Resisting. Not listening. Stubborn girl to the end.

“I’m serious Cheri.” And perhaps because he had taken that first step with that small piece he had removed for her, he allows a hint of worry to reflect in those glimmering crimson eyes. What about Gale? What about him indeed? “He’s probably not the Gale you know anymore.” He finally says quietly. Having now met the stallion in question himself, he was more wary than ever when it came to magic. “I’ve seen the things he can do. Stay away from him.” He is aware of how much quieter the meadow is getting, how the crowds have lessened.

That he is mostly alone with her.

“I assume he’s another relative of yours? They seem to be everywhere, this family. I’ll give you that, you were good on your promise to set them on me from all sides.” He chuckles softly but there is little amusement in it. “Gale, Reave, Aela… anyone else you feel like throwing at me?” He turns his head to look at her, catching Light glowing in the distance. Remembering that she had said her father had gone missing. He’s not sure what kind of relationship she has with him but he doubts it is anything like the one he had with his own. “Your father…” He starts and then stops. “I’m sorry” he wants to say but he can’t even if it was the truth. This tentative truce between them was still so new and speaking to her on somewhat friendly terms feels foreign.  “What’s he like?” He ends up with instead. “So I know what to keep an eye out for.” He finishes with a toss of his head, as if he had better things to do then look for her sire, as if he wouldn’t look at all.

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM