• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we're so young but we're on the road to ruin, Aela
    R A D I A N C E

Aela’s laugh inspires a smile of her own, something that is strangely open and almost inviting in comparison to the guarded way she often behaved around others. She would not go so far as to say she trusted Aela—she saw too many things in the other mare that mirrored herself, and she would never advise anyone to trust her, either. But she did enjoy her company, which was more than she could say for just about anyone else. “And I’m sure you can be terrifying,” she says, and though her tone is light-hearted, nearly teasing, she means every word of it.

She knows Aela is someone she would rather have on her side than to go against, but she wonders if Aela knows that she should think the same of her.
    That there is more to her than her ability to weave and bend the shadows, though they are things that she still keeps close to her chest. She is sure no one would be surprised to know that someone with such an affinity for the dark would harbor their own internal darkness, but it still was not something she put on display, hiding it behind pretty smiles and magic tricks.

But something about Aela made her want to show her more. Perhaps because she is a pretty girl and Radiance is not immune to pretty things, a weakness she did not like to admit that she has.

“No, I am not afraid of the dark because I can control it,” she says calmly in response to her question, and those small tendrils of shadow winding their way upward in the space between them. She feeds them as they go, until they are no longer ribbons but rather a roiling cloud that hovers above their heads. She tilts her head, watching her creation as it shifts and churns with a thoughtful expression. Her eyes turn back to Aela, her own coy smile curving across her lips. She sends up a beam of light, the bright white of it piercing the shadows like a dagger, letting the dark bleed down around it until both the dark and the light disappear. “And because I can get rid of it just as quickly,” she adds with a satisfied smile and a slight shrug of her shoulders.
    and every day is like a battle
    but every night with us is like a dream

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're so young but we're on the road to ruin, Aela - by Radiance - 10-17-2021, 04:28 AM