• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  love still binds us, family finds us
    Leilan
    She doesn't latch on and perhaps he is glad. In fact, the longer he thinks about it later, the more glad he is. They waltz on, nothing had happened, and in the reflection of a frozen lake, somewhere in the north, where snow and ice remain even in the hottest summer, he will find what he always looked for. There is no such thing as standing still. Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards. Such is and will always be the case, and so, he lives it forwards.

Looking back, this must have been the turning point. A realization that hit harder than it should.

He - subconsciously at the time - didn't want his ex-wife back. She would release a wave of emotions he could not deal with, not then, not now. He didn't want to move on, either, and wonders why he had bothered to try. Everyone was broken, nobody perfect: he couldn't make anything or anyone more perfect but himself. He hadn't found a way how yet, but he would find it soon enough. After all, he was magic.

"Yan," he replies to her question, amused in the back of his mind that she hadn't thought of Reave or Oren. But they both knew the twins had needed her more than any of the others, because somehow, Bane's impact on their life was bigger than anyone else's, no matter how they tried. He shuts away any other emerging thoughts and emotions then, when the chestnut mare that he had looked for, admits that she died. And would have stayed.

"I met my sister in there." Just making conversation. "She died a long time ago, and I wonder if she took the way back that I'd paved, of if she chickened out." He smiles wryly, not bothering to add any eye contact because she probably already makes the comment bigger than it is. Because there was something else. "Wolfbane says hi, too. He's more of himself in there," he tells her, smiling a bit at the memory and knowing that it might be a comfort that the striped pegasus had chosen to stay. He could share their conversation with her, probably, but he doesn't linger.

"Which home did you want to go to?" he wishes to know. He doesn't indulge in the Neverwhere story, not really - the extra hour that it might take to ask Lilli the more important questions (to him more important, that is) wouldn't kill Nev. Besides, she had already been dead once before, it seems. And dead people tend to be patient.
    told you I'd change
    even when I knew I never could

@lilliana
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love still binds us, family finds us - by Leilan - 10-05-2021, 06:39 AM