• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And I know it will get better [Any]

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

It had not been his intention to put her on guard and he gives her an apologetic grin when he is back on all four hooves. He had heard the rumble in her throat and his bear had almost responded with one of his own but he has a better handle on the beast now and the ursine calms and burrows itself within him until called again. The young antlered mare seems to relax now that his bear has been banished but he doesn’t miss the wariness in her gaze. Not easy to trust, he thinks. Good. Some might fault her for it but he silently approves and has no qualms in trying to earn it for himself, finding the young shifter to be interesting enough to want to know better. Or perhaps that was just his loneliness calling.

The older stallion had never thought himself an expert on shifters although he had ran into quite a few of them over his long years of life. He was aware that there was much magic to Beqanna, more than there had ever been before, and wouldn’t doubt that the knowledge he did have was a small pebble in a wide sea. Her hypothesis on eye color is an interesting one and he frowns, not because he particularly disagrees with it, but because he’s trying to remember if he’s ever seen another shifter with unique eyes before. Perhaps he had just never noticed before. “Interesting theory.” He responds when she explains her thought process. “I have children who were born shifters but none with eyes as unique as yours.” He admits, thinking of Link and Dawn who shared the same russet coloring as his own. “But I wasn’t born a shifter. I was Made.” He finally says after a beat, wondering if that made a difference at all.

”Aislyn.” She introduces herself boldly and he can’t help the grin that naturally forms at her forwardness. “I’m Ledger.” He offers easily before raising his eye to her antlers, revealing the claw marks etched over the thin gray skin that covers his empty socket. “Have you ever had to use those?” He asks curiously, wondering if they were sometimes a burden or if the weight of them was nothing to the likes of her.

Ledger

@Aislyn

Messages In This Thread
    And I know it will get better [Any] - by Ledger - 08-12-2021, 04:06 PM
    RE: And I know it will get better [Any] - by Ledger - 08-31-2021, 02:11 PM