• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And I know it will get better [Any]
    BUT I HOPE I NEVER LOSE THE BRUISES THAT YOU LEFT BEHIND
    She is confident, for the most part.
    She had been born in the middle of a firestorm, and had been forced to learn to run when she could hardly walk. Her first breaths had been full of smoke, and she had learned to choke it down along with what she would later learn was fear.

And she has been doing so ever since—smothering fear when she felt it, reacting rather than running.
    Sometimes it paid off, but other times it felt like a mistake.

“I suppose so,” she finally says in response to his quietly spoken statement. It had felt like something she had to do at the time; it had felt unavoidable. But looking back, it seemed like weakness—to attack someone she claimed to care about. Had she even looked for an alternative? She had been so much younger then; impulsive, and not nearly as clear-headed. She looks back on that battlefield and the force-field that had held her captive inside of it and wonders if she could have slammed her antlers against the shield rather than into Voracious.

It did not matter anymore, though.
    It was in the past, and it would stay there.

“What’s your story, Ledger?” she suddenly asks him, turning her bright-colored eyes to his face. She needed a break from talking or thinking about herself, and while she did not expect him to spill all of his secrets she is sure anything he says will be a welcome respite from the thoughts in her head.
    A I S L Y N

@Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    And I know it will get better [Any] - by Ledger - 08-12-2021, 04:06 PM
    RE: And I know it will get better [Any] - by Aislyn - 10-17-2021, 01:24 AM