• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    NEMEON
    Nemeon watches with wariness as the glowing filly moves a little closer, thoughts of his radioactive family so fresh that he shifts a little nervously where he stands. He doesn’t step back, though he’s aware that he should. It was reckless of him to place himself in situations where he could hurt someone if the gap between them closed. Even just the chance of it made him feel guilty for talking to anyone at all - but it was hard enough being trapped in the night hours. Being forced to live in the dark without interacting with anyone else at all was torture - a lesson he had already learned.

But though he had not intended to step backwards, when the light of the filly blinks out soon that thought where he wished she wasn’t glowing, Nemeon startles back a step with a small shout of surprise. He blinks furiously, trying to force his eyes to become accustomed to the night once again in the absence of her light.

And while he adjusts, she tells him to wish for something else.

The grey colt frowns, but it’s just in consideration - he’s not yet caught onto the fact that she heard the wish in his thoughts. He's too busy thinking of what else he could wish for. The weight of the darkness feels oppressive in contrast to the light that had just been with them so he considers taking back his wish, or wishing for a little bit of light.

Only, there’s really only one wish he has - and he speaks it quietly while his golden eyes shine with desperate hope. “I wish I didn’t have to turn into a statue again in the morning.”

@anaise
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-25-2021, 12:10 PM