• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A chill has found each bone; any
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water, and make no noise

The elder mare doesn’t think of herself as particularly wise, if one were to tell her, nor as clever; someone with life experience, yes, but most of the things she says and does come to her on a whim, or if she’s lucky enough, she has dreamt out the meeting in many possible ways before even thinking of going, and once too many times Cheri had given her name in the exact way that Ilma just repeated. It has been like that since as long as she knows, even if she knows that it hadn’t always been like that.

Sometimes she is lucky enough to see into a future where a Magician has mended her mind and returned her memories, but it is not that time yet. The only way to live is forwards, so she tries not to worry too much about it.

”Yes. Hyaline’s.” The name of her old home sounds foreign on her tongue, knowing something is entirely wrong with how Hyaline is ruled these days - it had been what Tephra is now, or what Tephra was until he took over. ”Gale wants the entity. He is… unpredictable. I can’t tell if he’ll stay for long.” She frowns, her vision momentarily swarming with possibilities - possibilities that will only become sharp once the cursed creature makes a decision regarding Divest. Ilma blinks and shakes her head to clear her vision, giving Cheri a warm smile. ”I can inform you when he makes a decision, if you like,” she offers the young monarch. It’s the least she can do with this gift, after all.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?
    Ilma

@Cheri
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 09-03-2021, 11:56 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Cheri - 09-07-2021, 03:19 PM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 09-16-2021, 08:16 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Cheri - 09-22-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: A chill has found each bone; any - by Ilma - 10-12-2021, 12:21 AM