• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you know your place in the sky
    R I P T I D E
    She is looking at him, and while this is something that he has grown accustomed to by now (they always stared) it still does not stop the way an uncomfortable heat crawls across his skin. He hates that he has no way of knowing what she is thinking—if she is repulsed by the strange shape of his head, if she is simply fascinated by his frost-laced scales, or if she doesn’t have an opinion on anything one way or another. His mind is quick to assume the worst, which only further hardens his angular face, and being beneath the scrutiny of the other stallion does not help matters.

But she is a soft, lovely looking thing, illuminated by starlight, and when she introduces herself it coaxes a nearly hidden smile onto his harsh looking face. “A fitting name, it seems,” he says as he tilts his head pointedly in reference to the silvery light she had returned to the sky above, his sage-green eyes watching the stars for a moment before his gaze is pulled to the other stallion. “Nothing called me here,” he responds frankly. “I saw a strange beam of light and came to investigate.”

“My name is Riptide,” and he knows even as he says it that it seems like such a strange name for him. He had clearly inherited most of his mother’s snake attributes—the shape of his head, his narrowed eyes, and the rattle at the end of his tail. But his kelpie father had been the one allowed to name him, and Varick knew little of anything beyond the sea and loving Sabbath. Everything about him was already strange, though, and so it seemed fitting that even his name was peculiar.

He watches the shivering light of the star nestled in her hair, and while he is curious he is distracted by her question, drug back to the reality of why he was out here. “I’m looking for my daughter,” he says as he again scans their immediate area, though he can already see there is clearly no one else around. “But I think it’s safe to say she is not here.”
    — i slithered here from eden just to sit outside your door —

@Starlight

Messages In This Thread
    you know your place in the sky - by Starlight - 10-02-2021, 08:46 AM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Knaught - 10-02-2021, 01:46 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Riptide - 10-02-2021, 07:05 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Starlight - 10-07-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Knaught - 10-08-2021, 12:02 PM
    RE: you know your place in the sky - by Riptide - 10-23-2021, 01:43 PM