• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Through thick and thin
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    Even when he had also been a lost child, he had avoided this place. Yet he comes now. Why?

Why indeed.

Aela had found a powerful child here and after taking Sickle from Tephra, he realizes the wisdom in plucking unwanted children from places that don’t cherish them. The Den was the easiest place to take them from with rarely any resistance from its caretakers. There is also something darker that brings him here, tied to the Fae blood that runs in his veins. Changeling foals, those that were stolen and raised by faerie. Why shouldn’t he take them if nobody else wants them? Look at what he had become, worthless thing that he had started out as. Just like them.

And if he can gift his son with a sister, a companion like the one that death had taken from him, he would happily do so.

She is not replaceable, the dead girl with blood red eyes, but perhaps another might ease the pain. Might help set things right and ease that guilt that weighs so heavily in his chest.

There aren’t many here and with a quick question to the resident fairy, he is pointed in the direction to where the abandoned filly lays. She is the color of sunsets and smells of apple blossoms and he looks down at where she has crumpled into herself with a flash of his red eyes, the rest of his gilded face smooth and unreadable. “Your name, child.” He finally says after a few minutes of considering her. More of a demand than a question.

obscene

For some reason it won't let me reply to your original thread? I have no idea @leuce
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Through thick and thin - by Obscene - 10-02-2021, 04:22 PM
    RE: Through thick and thin - by leuce - 10-02-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: Through thick and thin - by Obscene - 10-05-2021, 12:20 PM
    RE: Through thick and thin - by leuce - 10-16-2021, 11:26 AM