• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan

Islay wasn't usually prone to spiteful thoughts, but the moment she had heard that Southern Kingdom was swallowed by the sea, she found some minute amount of joy at imagining the Pampas underneath the water. Her time there had been mostly uneventful; the hardest part of her captivity had been the journey there when she had been forced through Tephran jungle by the Seneschal that Islay would come to learn was called Aela, and her accomplice, a rather suspicious stallion by the name of Erupt.

She had stayed in the Flower Court for a year, learning about all the plans to expand and the great power they learned to achieve (by both recruiting and stealing). And then it seemed as quickly as the Flower Court had emerged - like a blossom in springtime - something in its ascension caused it to wither. The summer heat could be sweltering at times in Islandres, but Islay was simply glad to be home and glad that it hadn't been their island that had been claimed by the Gods.

Their island remained virtually unchanged, looking almost exactly as it had when Gale had left it to her and Fenwe's care.

Sighing, the tobiano mare emerged from the ocean. She had been wading in an attempt to escape the heat, and as the sun began to set, Islay began to make her way out of the crashing surf. The salt tangled her mane and tail; it clung to her skin as she made her way up the beach and left the island-mare content as she settled amongst the saltgrass. Home enveloped her in every sense of the word and as the sun started to sink below the horizon, Islay looked up to the waking stars, feeling a glimmering relief that darkness would be upon them soon.

@Aedan

[Image: lSYWxe.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 12-07-2021, 08:24 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 12-08-2021, 02:06 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 12-08-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 12-09-2021, 02:44 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 01-17-2022, 06:17 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Aedan - 02-01-2022, 04:20 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar, aedan - by Islay - 02-27-2022, 03:00 PM