• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  If your lost and you look you will find me; Any
    Leilan
    It appears to Leilan that the boy had been more than physically lost. There is the way in which his eyes flick left to right, the way in which he startles not once but twice, when the King of the North joins them. Those things aren’t lost to the ice mage - just ignored, in favour of answering his confused reaction with logic. ”You haven’t looked up yet? It’s a shame.” He motions with his head to outside the cave; it is there that the night sky can be seen, not from inside the cave and especially not from the other side of the campfire.

He then turns to Nashua - the young male isn’t a threat despite his attempts to be… intimidating? Maybe not even that. Regardless, the scaled roan wouldn’t mind whatever face he made now. ”There and back again, Nash. The sky is just one place of many.” He tilts his head and gives something of a smile, and even a warm one at that. Not as warm as it might have been with a hotter heart, but it is all the warmth that he can manage.

”Not to worry. There’s no-one burning glaciers. Not melting them either even if he tried.” He shakes his head. ”I do believe Cas was a one-time event.” he shrugs to the copper stallion, then regarding the flaming youngster he chuckles. ”Give what back? This rock has been his for a long time now. Used to be mine, even, but you know how that goes.” Fyr probably doesn’t, but he continues anyway. ”I could probably help. The question is, will I?” he smiles then, but not with the warmth he had reserved for the pegasus earlier. Despite this, there is a flicker of green in his eye for the one who might notice.

It seems even with a dragon inside, a frozen heart, and all the magic in the world, he still reverts to this.
    told you I'd change
    even when I knew I never could

@Fyr @Nashua
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If your lost and you look you will find me; Any - by Leilan - 01-25-2022, 12:15 PM