• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my bad habits lead to you

In the lull of the nearby crashing waves, Aela began to let herself relax. Her blue eyes closed and for a moment, she just listened to the world around her. It was one of the first times that she had attempted to use the full potential of her power since the sinking; she allowed her emotions out and surrounding ones in. This particular cave was empty, apart from a few memories. Voices came echoing from the past, murmurs that Aela couldn’t entirely make out. But she felt them, the emotions that came flooding in. 

This particular cave had been a favorite place for someone. She could sense the peace and relief, the warm sense of familiarity and belonging. Perhaps that's why Aela had laid the initial claim to this one. It had reminded her of the one that Heartfire preferred, and coming back to herself, the palomino wondered just how many of these secret spaces her grandmother once inhabited. 

The thought of the Seer made her smile, even behind closed eyes, and the thought of another turned that smile into a grin. In the weeks since she had returned to Taiga, she had felt the familiar flash across her sight (several times) and had known instantly who it was, as she knows now. It was only a matter of time before she and Reave crossed paths again. 

Opening her brilliant eyes, Aela stepped towards the mouth of her cave and glanced towards the sky, searching the clouds for a glimpse of Rune.

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:35 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-07-2022, 09:54 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 09:40 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-12-2022, 09:09 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 09:36 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-17-2022, 03:21 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-22-2022, 09:55 AM