• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  Be my virtue, cause I need you tonight
    The entire island was frozen over, like Kestrell. Most of his body felt numb by this point, though he'd only just landed and walked a few paces up shore to greet Ciri as the Thane of Icicle Isle deserved. He watched the emotions play out in her eyes like imploding galaxies, heard how she strained herself for an answer that would suit his prying question without giving too much away, and watched (happily) as her concerns finally came to rest on his wellbeing.

A very diplomatic way to avoid answering his question, Kestrell thought with a little grin.

Still, he hardly noticed the feral bite of the dark, frozen tundra. Kestrell knew this was the first warning sign of frostbite, that the numbness in his limbs was danger not comfort. In denial, he clenched both wings closer to his side and answered Ciri in the affirmative.

"I am." He bobbed his head.

He didn't think to argue with the immortal star-born mare. Not this time, at least. The promise of warmth was enough to stir Kestrell into motion, and he unfurled his wings with a few hardy slaps to shake off the ice. At the same time Ciri also unfurled her lovely plumage, and that was the first time Kestrell noticed the most glaring change about her.

She was pregnant.

Shock closed his mouth and kept it shut. Kestrell had never been the type to linger after encounters of the sexy kind, but he was well into the prime of his life; he knew what resulted from 'liaisons'. What he didn't know was if Ciri's private matter had been a choice of her own, or someone else's. Kestrell didn't like to think about the latter.

He stomped the cold loose from his hooves and took flight, shrouded by a dark cloud of conflicting thoughts all the way toward a heart-shaped lake. There, a dim glow flickered in the night, drawing both pegasi down toward the ground again. For his part, Kestrell gave Ciri some physical space while he warmed himself beside the eternally burning pine. Quietly, he contemplated the blue flames and thought about what to say next.

"Are you all alone out here, Ciri?" He wanted to know.

His eyes never left the twirling, bluish fire.

Image ©Karl Martens
    @Ciri

Messages In This Thread
    Be my virtue, cause I need you tonight - by Ciri - 03-07-2022, 10:36 PM
    RE: Be my virtue, cause I need you tonight - by Kestrell - 04-12-2022, 11:43 AM