• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the same old pipe dream
    Though fleeting, as swift as the blink of an eye, Jesper notes the initial spasm in Margot's back, upon his approach. He is... well, he tries to come off as unimposing. Yet, his acute gaze catches the tension along her spine. He makes a conscious effort to break his gaze away from her. His crystal blue orbs scan Pangea while, ever-so-subtly, he shuffles back a half step. Jesper has no intentions of driving away the only company he has had in months. Of course, this solitude is much of his own doing. No one can manipulate, torture or, play mind games on you when you are alone.

He feels himself lured back to the lady in white. In an instant, her tension melts into fluttering eye lashes and a tender smile. He smiles in return as she teases him. The black steed catches her drift closer to him though, makes no attempts to move closer or, further away. His olfactory sense embraces her tantalizing perfume with delight. Margot He repeats to himself.

He is comforted by her body language now and, briefly tunes into his immediate surroundings: the even swishing of her tail, and the annoying tickle of an insect, eager for its spring snack. Her soft sigh brings his attention back, just in time to catch her next words. He listens and, carefully, says these words, "We have that in common, Margot. Pangea is the only one I have heard of; though, I have never visited before." The dame's head tilts to one side, to which, the black interprets as interest. He goes on, "It seems as though I am attracted to barren-type lands. My last home was literally an ice island."

His lips curve into a warm smile, inviting her to ask more of him if she desires. He dare not offer up his relation to Carnage or, his suppressed curiosity and mixed emotions regarding his sire. Pushing the conversation back to the lady, Jesper adds, "Has Pangea changed much since the last time you visited?"

Messages In This Thread
    the same old pipe dream - by margot - 03-21-2023, 12:55 AM
    RE: the same old pipe dream - by Jesper - 03-21-2023, 07:23 AM
    RE: the same old pipe dream - by margot - 03-21-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: the same old pipe dream - by Jesper - 03-23-2023, 08:43 PM
    RE: the same old pipe dream - by margot - 04-01-2023, 12:36 AM
    RE: the same old pipe dream - by Jesper - 04-11-2023, 02:59 PM
    RE: the same old pipe dream - by margot - 04-17-2023, 06:56 PM