• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i am not the only traveler; catryn

Although she notices the way Targaryen freezes at first upon their embrace, Catryn quickly assures herself that it is simply surprise and chases away any hurt that might try to sour this - and indeed he relaxes. Her senses are full of him once more, and all feels peaceful once again.

She’s delighted to have been missed - but she shakes her head at his kind, but misplaced, apology - her black eyes warm with amusement and affection for her friend. “I didn’t find you either, so we’ll call it even.” Her pink-accented head tilts a little to the side, her grin growing - and it feels like it may never fade again. “And we found each other now.” Which was the important part, as far as she was concerned. Of course any day would’ve been improved with his presence in it, but she wasn’t about to waste time wishing for a different past - and certainly wasn’t interested in wasting this time. Catryn did not harbour any ill-feelings.

Although she is curious about where and how he has been, she doesn’t ask just yet. It feels like those questions are too big, with the potential of having too many barbs and shadowy corners lurking beneath them. They're questions that should be spoken in twilight, when there are already shadows so what is a few more from the past. The time they spent apart was filled with so much upheaval for Beqanna, it would be surprising to learn if the same was not true for him.

But she is eager to hear anything he may have to tell her, to listen to his voice for however long they have - just in case it is another handful of years before they meet again. She'll soak up every look, word, and touch she can. So she just asks any question, thinking it doesn't matter - any gateway into a conversation will do. “Have you explored any of the new lands? I can't believe how much this place changes.” It was at it's most stable when she was blind, which she supposes she should be grateful for - ever since, there seems to be something new happening constantly.

@Targaryen

Messages In This Thread
    i am not the only traveler; catryn - by Targaryen - 06-27-2023, 11:26 AM
    RE: i am not the only traveler; catryn - by Catryn - 07-25-2023, 11:34 AM