• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm losing you and it's effortless
    AND I KNOW LIFE GOES ON BUT I MISS YOU IN THE DARK

It went without saying that he loved the night.

He appreciated the sunlight, of course; he knew how to savor the warmth of honeyed rays against his skin, and noticed the way the dew-touched grass glistened in the golden light of dawn. It did not escape him that there was a certain kind of beauty to be found when cold, bright light filtered through the autumn-stripped branches of trees, or across a glistening expanse of water—as if diamonds had been scattered across it.

But he was made for the night.

The day made him feel restless, exposed, and he knew his star-covered skin looked out of place in the afternoon light. With his silver eyes looking upward he could not control the quiet sigh that brushed past his lips, staring as if he might will the sun to set faster if he stared at it. Nightfall was still hours away. 

Adjusting his feathered wings, he sweeps his gaze across the meadow. There is nothing and no one in particular that he searches for (perhaps his twin—the moon to his stars—though he does not expect to see him in the meadow this afternoon), but that does not stop him from hoping that there will be something, someone, to distract him until the night comes.
    A V I O R

Messages In This Thread
    i'm losing you and it's effortless - by Avior - 10-08-2023, 12:42 AM