• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i knew you’d haunt all of my what ifs

daedalus ---

A flash—just a flash—of irritation bordering on anger crosses Dae’s face. He was just clicking with the sky. The stars were on the cusp of speaking to him, so close. He was sure of it. The creature crashing through the Meadow must have been sent by the Devil himself just to keep him from the ethereal.

But what began as a chestnut blur of impending doom quickly blooms into the sparkling brilliance of destiny. So bright is that destiny it nearly blinds Daedalus, blinds him long enough that he is slack-jawed and wide-eyed. He blinks thrice, neon eyes covered in a haze, not quite catching up with the wide smile curving his mouth.

“Of course it’s you, Dear,” the spaceman finally gasps, finally crashing headlong into the earth. There’s no real yell in his voice; his sentence trails into a whisper at the end—one filled with wonder.

And fear.

Was this why the stars would not speak to him for so long? Why the skies shirked his gaze? To hide her from him?

“Dear,” Dae breathes out, still only a whisper after a few more moments of silence.

“Where on earth have you been?”

-----------we'll have our time when stars collide

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i knew you’d haunt all of my what ifs - by daedalus - 03-19-2024, 01:08 AM