• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  my heart is thrilled by the still of your hand

cancer

He is still not used to being alive.
    Death was easier - it was nothing, and isn’t nothing always easier? He had not fought to wake. There had been nothing to come back for. His list of lovers is long, but presumably they are as dead as he is was. Same for the children, no doubt, maybe even their children. He isn’t sure, exactly, how much time had passed between his death and his rough, awful awakening.

He still has not been able to wake his magic. He would have assumed it dead, but he can still feel it, sometimes, an itch under the skin. Perhaps it’s like a phantom limb, he thinks, itching but nonexistent.

He does move easier, now - more like a living thing than a dead one, which is a start. He cannot say the same for his mind, his thoughts still feel sluggish, but he knows he was never the brightest thing, and perhaps he has simply forgotten what stupidity feels like.
    He moves into more familiar ground - he had known the meadow well, in his days. It has changed, some, but the feel of it is the same, and he likes that. He needs something that still hints at sameness, something familiar to cling to.

you ask me about love and I tell you about violence

Photo by Emily Goodhart

Messages In This Thread
    my heart is thrilled by the still of your hand - by cancer - 03-06-2024, 05:20 PM