• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Of Legends & Myths
    Demi
    The word he speaks is foreign to me, though many are.  "Hippogriff," I echo as if saying the word myself makes it less unknown.  My smile does not faulter even in my mild confusion.  He speaks of shifters, and I am even more intrigued.  "Oh yes I come from a long line of shifters!  My twin is also a shifter," I pause briefly, "but I am the only avian shifter I know."  My ears flicker as he asks if I have other forms.  My smile grows larger as I think of all the birds I have come to know in my travels within their world.  I shake my head, "Oh yes lots!  But mostly things I have seen..." My thoughts trail for a moment, "Well, sometimes, if I close my eyes and clear my mind, I can feel them inside me.  The ones I haven't seen.  Like the Hippogriff!"  I add excitedly, "You should have seen the one I discovered earlier last week!  It was on fire!"  I didn't know the name of the things that had renewed me in a ball of flames.  "Do you want to see my favorite?!"  He doesn't get a chance to answer before I am morphing to a thing of the night.  My silver laced, tawny feathers sheen brilliantly.  Something of the coloring reflective of the moon that hangs in the night sky.  My eyes, still of mismatched hues of fire and water are all that cling onto my equine form.  I hover only briefly before I transition once more.  The wings of the owl were not made to hover, but to glide silently through the darkness...
    Legends & Myths

Shifted form- barn owl

@ Ruhr

Messages In This Thread
    Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-09-2024, 02:57 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-17-2024, 08:53 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-18-2024, 07:36 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-21-2024, 09:46 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-22-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-23-2024, 02:33 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-24-2024, 08:46 AM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-24-2024, 10:59 AM