• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't you hear me howling?
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

Myrna raises her head, breathing deeply of the warm wind that pulls at her flaxen mane. Atop her head, the floral Crown of the Gates shifts, but remains firmly anchored within the circle of her twisting horns. Some of the petals fall, purple and yellow against her pale gold coat, but they are soon carried away by the wind, sailing across the rolling hills. Mynra’s blue gaze follows them until they vanish, and then sweep her gaze across the empty emerald and azure horizon.

Beautiful.

Empty.

She thinks of Everclear, and Skywalker, and her family. For a moment, she sees the grass of a pampas rather than a prairie, and then the cold jagged edges of endless mountains. She has had many homes, but she had never been able to hold on to one for long. What had taken her from them varied: flooding, kidnapping, death. She’s called the Gates home for longer than most of them, and yet…

She glances down to find her hooves have become paws, equipped with wickedly hooked claws that she digs into the loamy earth. Her indecision has expressed itself in her abilities, shifting her incompletely. The discomfort increases, the indecision between shapes - between staying as she is or becoming something different.

Just for a while, she chooses to change.

Myrna lowers her head, so that when her skull changes shape and the crown falls from between her ears, it does not fall far.

A lioness with a pale golden coat stands where Myrna had. The eyes that it blinks open are the same shade of blue grey, and the teeth revealed in a slow stretch and wide yawn are as dangerous as the tips of her now-absent horns. Myrna no longer shifts into creatures that are preyed upon; she had learned that lesson young.

Messages In This Thread
    don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-16-2024, 04:19 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-22-2024, 10:33 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:33 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 03-24-2024, 07:45 PM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 03-30-2024, 11:04 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by skywalker - 04-14-2024, 11:42 AM
    RE: don't you hear me howling? - by Viszla - 05-03-2024, 10:11 PM