• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  A God's Creation

On the edge of the two worlds I teeter.  An ethereal abyss on either side.  One having an alabaster glow and the other an unending darkness.  My movements are slow as I cast my gaze from one side to the next.  There was a peace here that I have never experienced before.  A quiet unlike any of my earthy world.  I close my eyes and allow my body to fall, which way I'd go is uncertain. But when I open my eyes, upon the edge I remain.  It is here that I discover I am not of living nor the dead.  That I was left to walk the edge between worlds for an eternity.

-

The gasping stops as I have accepted my fate and thus I do not struggle any longer to hold on.  My body falls forwards, pushed into the waters that had nearly lapped at my hooves.  Landing with a splash, the salty waters wash over my scales, cleansing me of my earthy hindlimbs.  The to and fro of the waves drag me into Her depths.  Without thought I begin to breathe again, but not as I had before.  The gills that formed behind my jawline sift the oxygen from the sea, calling me back from the ethereal worlds.  My reptile eyes snap open and I note that I am underwater., simply floating in the oceans cool embrace.  I look around me, inspecting myself and finding me just as I have always been.  My long-finned tail, my obsidian scales, even my hooved forelimbs.  But there was something different about me, even though I can't place it just yet.

Lost in my musing for an undetermined amount of time I decide I should emerge to breathe even though the urge is not there.  I consider that thought, pondering a bit deeper.  Why am I not breathless?  There is a new sensation that begins to disrupt my thoughts.  A soft pulsing near my cheeks.  The cool waters in which I float move under this slitted skin.  They are something I had only seen on the fish of my underwater home.  Fish that do not surface to breath air.  Everything begins to fall into place as I sort the pieces of the puzzle.  But why now?

With a flick of my tail, I decide to test my theory. I rise quickly, breaking through the water's surface. I inhale on instinct and instead of drawing in the air I choke on its dryness, though it is less suffocating than before.  In my confusion my gaze flickers about, landing on an unknown form on the beach.  My slitted eyes narrow on the being, trying to decide if they had done this to me.  There is a driving force within me to approach the stranger.  

As I near I can see parts of him much like my own.  Dark scales along parts of his body reflect the sun's rays in a shimmering gleam.  I stop within the shallows, my elongated finned backend resting upon the waterlogged sands. "Who are you?" I call out in a demanding but curious tone.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@eddie I feel like this starts out funny, so my vision is she's basically on the verge of death and walking the line between eternal life or damnation.  Since neither comes she discovers her immortality.  Falling into the water is also her falling back into the world of the living.  Her body is pulled into the sea and she puts everything together with the gills.  I figure as long as she is touching water she can breathe... Idk XD

Messages In This Thread
    A God's Creation - by Deiti - 03-23-2024, 04:46 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by eddie - 03-23-2024, 05:56 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 03-24-2024, 02:45 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by eddie - 03-25-2024, 08:48 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 03-26-2024, 06:40 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by eddie - 03-26-2024, 09:08 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 03-26-2024, 11:21 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by eddie - 04-14-2024, 11:39 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 04-15-2024, 05:38 PM
    RE: A God's Creation - by eddie - 04-16-2024, 09:50 AM
    RE: A God's Creation - by Deiti - 04-17-2024, 01:13 PM