• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here in the forest dark and deep, i offer you eternal sleep; any
    you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    "Ah, but they could tell anyone. If one chose to listen hard enough. But most are not willing... And yes. I have told a tree a secret. Many in fact." My lips curve into a small smile in reaction to her tone and intelligence. There were plenty of stories that I had shared with the trees of my life that no one else would ever hear. I had spent so long in solitude, by choice of course, that the trees had quickly become my friends above the rest. It was her comment though that made my ears prick slightly and in response I chuckled slightly. "You can tell me whatever you wish and I won't tell a soul. I spent so long in solitude that I learned to appreciate the meaning of keeping a secret."

As I spoke, I again out of habit stepped awkwardly to the side as she moved closer. Old habits were so hard to break. Especially those that helped one to avoid the uncomfortable state that the closeness of another could cause when one was so used to solitude like myself. At some point in time I would have to work on that... For ruling a kingdom required being in close proximity to others and if I planned to rule well I knew deep down I'd have to make some changes about myself, even if I didn't necessarily want to do so.

"I don't doubt that warning," my words are full of amusement and my smirk is turning into a smile before I even realize it. "The valley is marvelous, even with how quiet it is. Slowly life is starting to perk up, like small seedlings breaking through the earth to get a taste of sun's bright light... So I am glad I have perked your interest and sold you on the forested kingdom. I truly do believe you will fit in just fine there." It was now I realized she had moved even closer, and the typical uncomfortable feeling I usually felt had escaped me. Her closeness was something that was beginning to not bother me. Probably because she continued to press. He always was able to adapt to situations quickly.

Ears swivel slightly at her words as I watch her lips form into that whimsical but interesting smile. It was so different than the others I had seen. So full of curious life. "No," I say quietly, my smile growing a bit more, "I would have to say not. And I would need nothing of you. Other than your time, and effort to help us as a kingdom rebuild the strength of what the valley once was." Was that entirely true? Or did I want more? Was it possible I also wanted the company of this girl who seemed so smart and like-minded? Who knows. It wasn't typical for me to feel any sort of closeness towards anyone. So only time would tell what it was I wanted deep down, more so than for her to help me in my efforts towards the kingdom I was now devoting my life to.

demian

carnage x adalind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here in the forest dark and deep, i offer you eternal sleep; any - by demian - 08-28-2015, 04:13 AM