• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; birthing

She is unsurprised when Xiah is the first to appear in their little cave. Lea can’t help but smile as the little yearling trots over to investigate her newborn sister, alight with curiosity. She laughs when Xiah announces her approval of Kida’s name. “I’m glad you approve.”

But then Xiah is right in front of Kida, peering down at the tiny girl and suddenly she can’t help but feel nervous. Will Xiah notice her sister’s difference? Will she comment on it?

But after a few moments, it becomes clear that the fact that Kida only has one eye has completely escaped Xiah’s attention. Lea relaxes and simply steps back to watch the interaction. Every once in a while she glances towards the cave mouth, waiting for Errant to join them.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Kida wakes up at her sister’s approach, her single eye blinking away sleep. She’s awed into silence at first - she finds the older foal very impressive and intimidating. But when the girl begins chattering away at her, she opens her little mouth. “Xiah?”

She considers her sister for a moment, contemplating this new bit of information. She has a sister.

She decides she likes this.

She stands up (far more easily than she had the first time), and peers into her sister’s face with a single grey eye. “Xiah!” She stumbles forward towards the girl on shaky legs, bumping into her. Kida giggles loudly and tries bury her nose in Xiah’s mane, though it’s difficult for her to reach. “Daddy?”

lea

my heart never stops beating for you

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; birthing - by Lea - 09-12-2015, 08:38 PM