• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Birthing; vi, malka, lagertha, shatter me, rhy, sunday amazonians, !!ANY!!
    She’s relieved when she notices Texas’ presence, despite her previous run in with the stallion.  She’s well aware of the fact that they need a member of the Falls to make the healing waters work for them, and being that she doesn’t particularly want Scorch to die, they need him.  Luckily he keeps his grouchy mouth to himself though, so she stays silent as well.

She remains quiet in fact until Malka appears, and asks after what’s happened.  Being that she’s the only one not actively engaged in helping Scorch or the newborn slimeball, she feels obligated to answer.  “Something went wrong with Scorch’s pregnancy.  We brought her here to try and help her and the child.”

Answer given, she falls silent again as Malka points out that it’s probably not the best to impose so much on their allies.  A valid point, especially considering Texas’ attitude towards her the last time she was here.  Grumpy old fart.

She’s about to turn and head for the border when Prague steps forward, taking charge.  Lyris’ eyes widen in surprise when the grey mare says they will search for the other child that Scorch is mentioning, ‘Volcan.’  She personally had chalked it up to a delusion brought on by blood loss, but if Prague believes there is a second child … the grey mare is a self-proclaimed magician, perhaps she detected something that the rest of them cannot.  Prague asks if she will lead a search, and she nods.  “Sure.  I can get a better vantage point from the air.”  And really, it’s not like she’s doing anything else particularly useful anyway.

Then the mare’s voice rings out in her head, even though her lips do not move.  She’s definitely believing the whole magician claim now.  She tries to reply mentally, assuming the magician will pick up on her thoughts.  “She’s never really gotten along with Lagertha, but I don’t think she’d pull something like this.  I know she had issues with another mare, a sister who decided to leave, but I don’t remember who.  Happened right after I returned to the Jungle.”  She wracks her brain, trying to think of the mare's name.  It had been the talk of the Jungle when she'd come back, but she hadn’t paid much attention.  From what she’d heard though, the mare had thoroughly hoodwinked the former Khaleesi.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Birthing; vi, malka, lagertha, shatter me, rhy, sunday amazonians, !!ANY!! - by Lyris - 09-11-2015, 12:28 AM